Why choose Howden for SME Motor Trade Insurance?
Howden is the new name for A-Plan. As a broker which specialises in both motor and business insurance, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing various motor trade insurance policies, on your behalf, easy and simple. What’s not to like?
Our team here at Howden knows that each motor policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their business, and that’s why we provide a tailored, personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your insurance.
Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, buy a new policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with Howden:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
- Speak with your local branch, within your community.
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.
SME Motor Trade Insurance with Howden
If you’re a motor trade business that’s involved in buying, selling, repairing, modifying, or testing vehicles of any kind, whether the operation is big or small, you need to have the right insurance coverage in place to protect yourself from the range of risks that come with working in the industry. Not only is it legally required, but motor trade insurance can also protect SMEs’ business, assets, and reputation, ensuring their longevity and success moving forward.
There’re different types of motor trade insurance you can choose from to protect your business:
- Road risk insurance: This basic coverage is ideal for SMEs engaged in vehicle sales, repairs, or servicing. It provides protection for vehicles used on the road, including test drives.
- Combined motor trade insurance: This comprehensive policy combines road risk insurance with coverage for business premises, tools, equipment, and stock. It's suitable for businesses with physical locations and valuable assets.
- Liability insurance: This includes public liability insurance, employer's liability insurance (if you have employees), and product liability insurance to protect against third-party claims.
- Tools and equipment cover: If your operation relies on specialised tools and equipment, this add-on coverage can protect these valuable assets from damage, theft, or loss.
- Legal expenses insurance: Provides financial support for legal fees in case of disputes or legal actions involving your motor trade business.
Selecting the right motor trade insurance for your SME involves assessing your unique risks and needs, and consulting with an experienced insurance broker can help you do that. We specialise in motor trade insurance and can customise our search for a policy based on the information you provide, before finding you a cover option that provides adequate protection for your business.
So how do you get started? All you need to do is get in touch with a member of the team here at Howden, and they can start right away with helping you find a motor trade policy that suits your business.
Get in touch
Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.