01276 601 690

Talk to us to help save yourself time & money

Office Insurance

Office premises can be the beating hearts of the most successful businesses, so it’s vital that they’re covered by comprehensive office insurance policies.

Sb I Office (3)

Why choose Howden for Office Insurance?

Howden is the new name for A-Plan. As a broker which specialises in business property insurance, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple office insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and straightforward. What’s not to like?

Here at Howden, we also recognise that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their offices, and that’s why we provide a personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your business insurance.

Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new business property policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.

Benefits of working with Howden:

  • You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
  • We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
  • Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
  • Speak with your local branch, within your community.
  • We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.

What is office insurance?

Office insurance is a type of business insurance that provides coverage for the various risks and potential liabilities associated with operating an office-based business. It’s designed to protect your office space, its contents, and the financial interests of your business against a range of perils and unforeseen events.

Before getting a policy though, it's important that you consult with an insurance professional to assess your unique needs, so they can help you select the right cover to safeguard your office and business interests.

What does Office Insurance cover?

With our office insurance policies, we make sure that your offices and their contents are protected from a wide range of incidents, including fires, storms, floods, bursting of pipes, theft of contents or money, and injuries to members of the public or staff.

Whilst these are the well-known risks, an office insurance policy from Howden can extend to additional specialist niches and office-related cover requirement too.

A typical office insurance policy, however, will come with the following cover options:

To learn more about how we can help you find an insurance policy that works for your office, speak to a member of our team, whether it’s in one of our Howden branches, or by giving us a call.

More information about Office Insurance

How much is office insurance?

The cost of office insurance cover in the UK can vary widely based on several factors. These factors include the size and location of your office, the type of business you operate, the specific coverage options you choose, and the office insurance provider you select.

To get an accurate quote, you should contact insurance providers, provide them with the details of your office and business, and request a customised quote.

Or, you could consult with an insurance broker such as Howden, who can help you find the most suitable and cost-effective coverage for your office.

How do I get an office insurance quote?

In order to be able to get your hands on an office insurance quote or policy, we’ll need you to provide us with some information about you, your office and your business. This will include details such as the size or location of your office, or how many employees work for your business.

Once we have that information from you, we can assess your needs and determine the specific coverage your office requires.

When consulting with an insurance broker like Howden, you get put in touch with a dedicated Account Manager who will go that extra mile to help you make sure you get a tailored quote that’s offers the most appropriate cover for your office.

Office Insurance FAQs

What types of insurance can I get for my office?

There are several types of insurance that you can consider either for your office, or to provide cover alongside your office insurance policy, depending on your specific needs and the nature of your business, including:

Office buildings insurance

Covers accidental damage or loss to your office building, including protection against perils such as fire, theft, vandalism, and certain natural disasters.

Office contents insurance

Covers the valuable items, computer equipment, and furnishings inside your office, such as computers, office furniture, inventory, and other assets.

Liability insurance

Public liability & employers’ liability can protect you against claims made by third parties, such as clients or visitors, or employees following incidents that occur on commercial premises.

Professional indemnity insurance

Can protect you from claims of negligence, errors, or omissions if your business provides professional advice or services.

Business interruption insurance

Helps cover the financial losses your business may incur if your office is temporarily unusable due to the damage caused by a fire or a flood, for instance.

We’re only scratching the surface here on what insurance options could be available for you and your office, so get in touch with us today to find out more.


Get in touch

Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.

Specialist insurance for pubs, clubs and nightclubs

We help owners of pubs, clubs and nightclubs find insurance policies that fit their exact needs, without all the hassle and complication.

We’re proud to help all types of hoteliers

We have years of experience helping hotels and guesthouses of all shapes and sizes find an insurance policy that suits their business.

Trust experts in the retail sector with your insurance

The retail industry is full of shops of all different shapes and sizes, and we can help you find shop and retail cover to suit your own, individual business.