Why choose Howden for Motor Trade Insurance?
Howden is the new name for A-Plan. As a broker which specialises in business insurance, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple motor trade insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?
Here at Howden, our team understands that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their motor business, and that’s why we provide a personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your insurance.
Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new commercial vehicle policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with Howden:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
- Speak with your local branch, within your community.
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.
What is Motor Trade Insurance?
Motor trade insurance is a term that covers lots of different policies that provide coverage to people working within the motor trade. This insurance covers businesses that sell cars, mechanics or any other service that leaves customer cars in a company's care. It also protects the staff if they drive the company's own cars.
To qualify for motor trade insurance, you need to have proof that you work within the motor trade industry. This includes car dealerships, car valeting services and mechanics.
Our motor trade insurance policies generally provide cover for a range of specific risks, including:
- Road risk cover for vehicles owned by your business or in your custody or control for motor trade purposes, with options including:
- Named drivers or any driver
- Social, domestic & pleasure use
- Directors’ personally owned vehicles
- Loan and hire cover
- Demonstrations (accompanied / unaccompanied)
- Protected ‘no-claims bonus’
- Premises cover (all risks) including customers’ vehicles and your own vehicles
- Employers liability and public liability insurance for the motor trade, including defective workmanship
- Business interruption
Although we make sure to remind all our clients that insurer’s policies can vary in terms of coverage, we work independently with all the major insurers, meaning we can offer you an insurance package that’s perfectly suited to your needs.
Interested in a motor trade policy? Get in touch with us today to find out more.
Get in touch
Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.