Why choose Howden for Home Abroad Insurance?
Howden is the new name for A-Plan. As an insurance broker, when it comes to finding you home-related insurance policies, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist home insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?
We also know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their holiday home, and that’s why we provide a tailored, personalised service, centred around getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your home abroad insurance.
All in all, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with us:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
- Speak with your local branch, within your community.
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.
What is Home Abroad Insurance?
It goes without saying that having the correct cover for your holiday home is essential, whether it’s in the UK or overseas, a sprawling villa or a country gite, it still deserves the same quality of policy and service.
Home abroad insurance, which you may have instead seen referred to as holiday home insurance, is a type of insurance coverage designed to protect properties that are used as holiday homes or secondary residences. It provides financial protection for the property and its contents when it is not the policyholder's primary residence.
Typical insurers cover policyholders for the following:
- Buildings and contents including swimming pools and outbuildings
- Theft and attempted theft whilst your holiday home is unoccupied
- Loss of rent if your holiday home cannot be rented out
- Your legal liabilities
- Emergency travel costs to travel to your holiday home if there is damage
Be aware though that some insurer’s policies have exclusions or don’t facilitate particular upgrades or add-ons, potentially leaving your holiday home at risk. Speak to us today and we can help you find a policy that suits what you’re looking for from home abroad insurance.
Get in touch
Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.