Why choose Howden for Modern Home Insurance?
Howden is the new name for A-Plan. Here at Howden, when it comes to getting you your specific home insurance, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing various modern home insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?
As an insurance broker, we know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their home, and that’s why we provide a tailored, personalised service, focused on getting to know you and learning more about what you want from your insurance.
Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new specialist home policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with us:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
- Speak with your local branch, within your community.
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.
What is Modern Home Insurance?
Modern homes can be classified as 'non-standard builds' even just by its environmental upgrades. If your home is non-standard and you’ve not told your insurer, you run the risk of a claim not being paid or even your policy being cancelled. Here’s some home features, which are deemed to be non-standard, which aren’t covered by standard home insurance policies:
- Solar panels – photovoltaic (PV) or solar thermal
- Flat or partly flat roofs
- Ground source heat or air pumps
- Wind turbines – fixed or unfixed to the home itself
- Any other type of electrical or heat generation technology
- Walls not built from brick, block, or stone
- Timber or steel framed properties
- Biomass boilers
- Hot tubs & jacuzzies
- Swimming pools, including their pumps and heating systems
- New home technology, including Smart home devices
- Garden studios or garden offices
- Modern outbuildings over £25,000 in value
If your home includes any of the above features though, don’t panic, because that’s where modern home insurance can help you. Courtesy of our panel of insurers, we’re able to help you find a range of policy options which can support you specifically and give you the peace of mind you’re after.
We know that there’s no such thing as a ‘one-size-fits-all’ policy nowadays. If your home includes any of the above features, modern home insurance can help. Once we've found out more about your home, we are able to find you policies which can support your requirements, protect your most valuable asset, and give you the peace of mind you’re after.
Get in touch
Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.