01926 431 421

Talk to us to help save yourself time & money

Welcome to Howden, the new name for A-Plan

About the merger trending_flat

Tenants' Contents Insurance

Don’t let your possessions and valuables fall under the radar. Keep them covered with tenant’s contents insurance.

Howden Tenants Contents Insurance

Why choose Howden for Tenant’s Content Insurance?

Here at Howden, as an insurance broker, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist home and contents insurers, we make the process of comparing various tenant's content insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?

Our team have great experience working with a wide range of clients and know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner. That’s why we provide a personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your contents insurance.

Ultimately though, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re always here to help.

Benefits of working with us:

  • You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
  • We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
  • Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
  • Speak with your local branch, within your community.
  • We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.

Do I need Contents Insurance as a tenant?

Landlords insure their properties and the contents they provide for you within them, but they don’t provide cover for your own possessions, that’s your responsibility. Whilst it’s not a legal requirement for tenants to have contents insurance, it is recommended.

What if your belongings were damaged beyond repair because of a fire or flood? Or what if they were stolen whilst you were out? Without tenant’s content insurance any possessions or valuables under the roof of your landlord’s property could potentially be at risk.

Some landlords even require tenants to have contents insurance as part of the tenancy agreement. That’s why before purchasing contents insurance, it's essential to understand the policy terms, coverage limits, and any exclusions included in your policy. Speak to a member of the team here at Howden and we can clarify any uncertainties you have regarding your tenant’s contents insurance.


Get in touch

Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.

Go above and beyond to protect your gadgets

Don’t let something bad happening to your electronic valuables set you back, with a comprehensive gadget and possessions insurance policy you can rely on.

Play your music with confidence

Keep your instruments and equipment safe through specialist and flexible cover that leaves you free to play on, safe in the knowledge that you’re protected.

Our best value contents insurance to protect your possessions.

Howden’s panel of specialist insurers are here to help you find the best cover for your home’s belongings and contents.