01993 894 700

Talk to us to help save yourself time & money

Contents Insurance

Howden’s panel of specialist insurers are here to help you find the best cover for your home’s belongings and contents.

P I Contents Ins (1)

Why choose Howden for Contents Insurance?

Howden is the new name for A-Plan. When it comes to getting you contents insurance cover, we at Howden pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?

We also know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner, and that’s why we provide a personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your contents insurance.

Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new contents policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.

Benefits of working with us:

  • You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
  • We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
  • Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
  • Speak with your local branch, within your community.
  • We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.

What is Contents Insurance?

Contents insurance does what it says on the tin. It’s a type of insurance policy designed to protect the personal contents within your home against loss, damage, or theft. If you’re unfortunate enough that any of these things were to happen to your possessions, contents insurance can then be there to have your back and cover the cost of replacing or repairing them.

Whether you treated yourself to something new or have a collection of items you want to protect, a tailored contents insurance policy can ensure you’re not left empty-handed if something goes wrong.

You can get in touch with an insurance broker, such as Howden, who can help you compare various coverage options and, in the end, find you the perfect contents insurance policy.

More about Contents Insurance

What does contents insurance cover?

When it comes to your valuables, a standard home insurance policy is not always enough to provide adequate coverage. It’s not always necessary to have a bespoke content policy, but it’s important that you understand whether your home insurance policy provides you with the cover you need to fully protect your valuables.

Typically, though, an insurance provider’s contents insurance policy will offer cover for the following items:

  • Fine art paintings or prints
  • Appliances
  • Clothing
  • Furniture (antique too)
  • Electronics and gadgets
  • Antiques
  • Rugs and tapestries
  • Sculptures
  • Jewellery
  • Gold, silver, and plate
  • Clocks and barometers
  • Vintage wine
  • Book collections
  • Unusual, rare, or commissioned collections

We also work with specialist insurers to provide cover for more specific items, such as musical instruments or drones. There are policies for different people needing their contents covered for different reasons too. Whether you are a student, or someone who has tenant in your property, we’ll do our best to find you a contents insurance policy that can protect what belongs to you as well.


Get in touch

Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.

Home Insurance to protect your dwelling

Trust Howden, a home insurance broker, to help you find a tailor-made home policy that meets your budgetary and insurance expectations.

Buildings insurance you can trust

Protecting the walls around you and the roof over your head.

Tailored, specialist cover for your solar panels

If your home insurance policy doesn’t quite do enough to comprehensively protect your solar panels, turn to our flexible solar panel insurance.