Why choose Howden Life & Health for Mortgage Insurance?
As an insurance broker, when it comes to helping our clients get mortgage insurance cover, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don't have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple insurance quotes, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?
We also know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner, and that’s why we provide a personalised, tailored service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you need from your mortgage insurance.
Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re always here to help.
Benefits of working with Howden Life & Health:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- Personal service from professionally qualified advisors
- An outstanding FCA compliance record
- Competitive solutions to for all budgets and affordability
- Supported by the largest panel of Life & Health insurers in the UK
- Knowledge of underwriting and medical conditions
Howden Life & Health Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority No. 176392. Registered in England and Wales under company registration number 3040737. Office address: Howden Life & Health, Ageas House, The Square, Gloucester Business Park, Brockworth, Gloucester, GL3 4ZP. Registered Office: 1 Creechurch Place, London, EC3A 5AF. Calls may be monitored and recorded for quality assurance purposes.
What is Mortgage Insurance?
Mortgage insurance, which is sometimes referred to as mortgage payment protection insurance or MPPI, is a type of policy that provides policyholders with mortgage payment support. It can help someone pay their monthly mortgage repayments if their usual income changes unexpectedly.
Here's what typical mortgage insurance policies cover in the UK:
- Unemployment: MPPI can cover mortgage payments if the policyholder becomes involuntarily unemployed. This coverage usually kicks in after a specified waiting period.
- Accident or sickness: It provides coverage if the policyholder is unable to work due to an accident or a sickness that prevents them from earning an income.
- Disability: In the event of a long-term disability that makes the policyholder unable to work and earn an income, MPPI can cover mortgage payments.
- Redundancy: If the policyholder is made redundant, MPPI can cover mortgage payments for a defined period. The waiting period before the coverage begins will vary depending on the policy.
- Death: Some policies may include a death benefit that pays off the remaining mortgage balance in the event of the policyholder's death.
- Hospitalisation: In certain cases, if the policyholder is hospitalised and unable to work, MPPI can cover mortgage payments.
When you speak to an insurance broker, like Howden, an insurance expert in the team will find out more about you and your mortgage, and then advise you on an income and mortgage protection plan that suits you. Get in touch with the Howden Life & Health specialists and find out how we could keep you protected while saving you time and hassle.