Why choose Howden for Second Home Insurance?

Howden is the new name for A-Plan. As a specialist home insurance broker, we pride ourselves on doing the heavy lifting, so you don’t have to. Thanks to the great relationships we have with our selected panel of standard and specialist insurers, we make the process of comparing multiple second home insurance policies, on your behalf, simple and easy. What’s not to like?

Here at Howden, our team knows that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner and their home, and that’s why we provide a tailored, personalised service, focused on getting to know you and learning more about what you want from your insurance cover.

Ultimately, whether you need to make a claim, purchase a new second home policy, or renew an existing one, just know that we’re here to help.

Benefits of working with us:

  • You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot.
  • We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle.
  • Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide.
  • Speak with your local branch, within your community.
  • We’re right by your side in the event of a claim.

What does Second Home Insurance cover?

Owners of multiple properties tend to assume that their standard home insurance can cover all of their properties under that one policy, but that’s not the case. In fact, second homes can’t be legally insured under an ordinary home insurance policy, mainly because they are taxed differently to main residences.

That’s where second home insurance steps in, designed to address the unique risks and considerations associated with owning a second home. Despite being separate from standard home insurance, second home insurance does however cover much of the same things a regular home policy would:

Contents – items in your second home are covered, whether its clothes, jewellery, furniture, or electronics.

Buildings – this covers the costs of full rebuilding your second home, including the materials and labour required.

Combined – have everything covered under one joint policy, both the structure of the home and its content, rather than having separate policies.

You just need to be aware that, for insurance purposes, some properties you own may unexpectedly not actually be classified as a second home. These include

For each of these property types, Howden can help you with a different specialist policy to keep you protected. No matter what type of second home property you are looking to insure, get in touch, and we can help you find a quote that you’d be happy to commit to.


Get in touch

Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.

Let property insurance that’s built for your needs.

We understand that there’s no one-size-fits-all policy when it comes to let property insurance.

Don’t sink with unfortunate subsidence thanks to specialist home cover.

Be ready for instability beneath your home with subsidence insurance you can bank on.

Unoccupied properties need insurance too.

Empty properties are still at risk and vulnerable, and that’s why having unoccupied property insurance is essential.

the new name for A-Plan

On October 1st, A-Plan completed its merger with Howden. For A-Plan clients, the service remains the same, via your usual contacts. A-Plan phone numbers and email addresses will continue to work.

About the merger trending_flat
Howden Insurance