Why choose Howden for Shoot Cancellation Insurance?
If a shooting day doesn't go ahead, you could still have to pay for the event. It could be cancelled due to a number of factors, from bad weather to illness. It's a good idea to consider shoot cancellation insurance to cover any payment that still has to be made.
As an experienced insurance broker, we also know that each policy needs to be as individual as its owner, and that’s why we provide a personalised service, focused on getting to know you and finding out exactly what you want from your cover.
Ultimately though, whether you need to make a claim or purchase a new policy, just know that we’re here to help.
Benefits of working with Howden:
- You can trust us – we’re rated Excellent on Trustpilot
- We’re driven to save you time, money, and hassle
- Benefit from a tailored service that comparison sites can’t provide
- Speak to a rural insurance expert
- We’re right by your side in the event of a claim
More about Shoot Cancellation Insurance
If missing out on a shooting day isn’t bad enough, it’s made all the worse if you still have to pay for the event. Your shooting day could get cancelled due to natural factors such as bad weather, fires, or other issues like protesters and sickness. If you don't want to be left significantly out of pocket, then it’s good practice to make sure you have shoot cancellation insurance in case something goes wrong and you have to cancel your event.
Shoot cancellation insurance will cover you for refunds on things such as equipment hire, travel costs and accommodation, as well as being able to extend it for protection against unexpected events such as bereavement or illness. You can also ask for extra policies to be added to a standard shoot cancellation policy, such as avian flu cover.
Here’s what you can expect to be included under a typical shoot cancellation insurance policy:
- Nil Excess - no excess is payable in the event of a claim
- Up to £35k cover - included as standard, although higher limits are available on request
- Disruption - if your event is disrupted by protestors, we offer policies that cover your losses
- Snow cover - we don't charge any more to include this
You’ll also need to talk to us if you wish to have public liability insurance prepared in advance for your shoot, because it isn’t normally covered under a standard shoot cancellation policy.
To learn more about how shoot cancellation insurance can provide worthwhile protection for you, get in touch with us. Our dedicated rural team would be happy to assist you with any insurance related queries you have.
Get in touch
Try us out and see how we can help save money and make finding the right insurance cover that little bit easier for you.